Since May 25th 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation is active. Organisations and companies located inside and outside of the EU that offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of EU data subjects, or any website that stores information about an EU citizen, is affected by this regulation.
In order to comply to this regulation, here are the ways Serve the City Luxembourg is storing and using information.
Information collected by Serve the City Luxembourg may be used to:
- respond to requests for information
- disseminate information such as newsletters or details of events
- engage with volunteers and make the appropriate organisational arrangements for volunteering
- process any donations
- keep a record of volunteer and client contact details
- inform clients, donors and volunteers of any current or future information about our work, events, campaigns and activities, or any other features of Serve the City Luxembourg.
- business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of informational and operating and expanding our volunteering activities.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (1) under current applicable law, (2) to comply with legal process; (3) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (4) to enforce our terms and conditions; (5) to protect our operations; (6) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of others; and (7) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
It is the commitment of Serve the City Luxembourg that any use of collected information will be in accordance with the data protection principles of good practice. This means that it will be:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way
- adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- not retained any longer than necessary for the purpose
- processed in line with data subjects’ rights
- be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information
- not transferred to any third parties outside Serve the City Luxembourg organisation without adequate protection.
In addition, Serve the City Luxembourg will ensure that:
- it has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- it deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- it describes clearly how it handles personal information
- it will regularly review and audit the ways it hold, manage and use personal information
- it regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the General Data Protection Regulation.
Storage of information
In the case of an online donation, some information will be stored on our bank account or payment processor Paypal, depending of your choice. This information is kept secure and only for the purposes of processing the payment.
Data deletion, copy
Please contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding any request on your data (deletion, copy, …).